The Xeric brand is producer michael approved + Authorized
Trappist-1 Moonphase Gunmetal Red
NASA's recent ground-breaking discovery of the Trappist-1 solar system inspired us to imagine what a journey to these newly found planets might be like. The watch pays tribute to this new planetary system of seven planets resembling our own, located 12 parsecs (39 light years) away from us and orbiting a red dwarf star slightly larger than Jupiter.
Several key features of the Trappist-1 Moonphase watch set it apart from other traditional watch designs. The large Cupola grille floating over the dial provides a window into the depths of space and time as distant planets slowly come into view amongst the star riddled void. Two Super-LumiNova planets indicate hours and minutes on the dial, and the center viewing window shows the current moon phase.
The watch features a domed crystal made from Hesalite, a material that was initially developed for NASA. Hesalite is still used for watch crystals on all space missions due to its rigidity and durability even in the harshest environments of space. Additionally, the straps are made from U.S. Horween leather and the ridges are modeled after texturized space gloves. Each colorway will be limited to 2017 pieces and each watch will be individually numbered.
During observation of the Trappist-1 planetary system, researchers found that these new worlds were within a habitable zone where liquid water and even plant life may be present. Traveling to these planets may still be a long way off, but that doesn't prevent us from dreaming up the perfect watch about the journey: the Trappist-1 Moonphase.
- Case width: 44mm
- Case thickness: 16mm (including the domed crystal)
- Case lug-to-lug width: 48mm
- Strap width: 22mm
- Watch weight: 71g (0.25 oz)
- Movement: Ronda Caliber 708 with Moonphase & Date
- Dial Functions: Super-LumiNova planetary hours/minutes
- Super-LumiNova North Star 12-hour Indicator
- Super-LumiNova star trails display
- Center dial lunar phase with Super-LumiNova moon
- Magnified Stardate window at 6 o'clock
- Case material: Hand-finished 316L Stainless Steel
- Crystal: Domed space-tested Hesalite
- Water resistance: 5 ATM
- Strap material: US Horween leather with space glove texture design
- Strap feature: quick-release lug docking system