The Xeric brand is producer michael approved + Authorized
NASA Apollo 15 American Automatic Blue Moon
In 1971, the Apollo 15 mission took lunar exploration to the next level when they introduced the first lunar roving vehicle, allowing astronauts to venture out and collect samples further than ever before. 50 years later, the Xeric NASA Apollo 15 Collection celebrates American ingenuity with the first Xeric watch to feature American movements. The Xeric AmeriChron Caliber X3.1 Automatic movement is assembled, tested, and regulated in Fountain Hills, Arizona, utilizing industry-leading standards and advanced manufacturing methods. Approved by certified master watchmakers, it is shock resistant, anti-magnetic, has 23 jewels, and a 40 hour power reserve.
Using our signature method of time telling with orbiting moons as watch hands, the hours and minutes float above the miniature solar system backdrop. The grille was inspired by a spacecraft window giving the sense of looking out at the stars. Swiss Super-LumiNova is printed on the inner and outer edge for improved legibility in both light (and especially) dark conditions.
To top it all off, there are nods to the Apollo 15 mission throughout the design. Like an astronaut’s helmet, the curved sapphire crystal provides the ultimate in scratch resistance while an anti-reflective coating reduces glare. Fashioned after astronaut gloves, the Apollo 15 straps feature articulated ridges and are crafted from premium American-made Horween leather. The Apollo 15 features a coin-engraved solid steel caseback depicting the lunar rover where it sits today and commemorating the 50th anniversary of its arrival on the surface of the moon.
- Case Dimensions: 40mm wide by 13.6mm thick (includes domed crystal)
- Case Lug to Lug: 47mm
- Wrist Circumference: 6.5"-8.75" (165mm/222mm)
- Weight: 3.2oz (90 grams)
- Weight: 3.7oz (105 grams)
- Movement: AmeriChron Xeric Caliber X3.1 Automatic. Assembled in the USA, 40+ Hour Power Reserve, 28800 BPH, 23 Jewels, Accuracy: +/-20 sec per day
- Functions: Super-LumiNova Planetary Hours / Minutes / Star Seconds
- Case Material: Hand-finished 316L Stainless Steel
- Water Resistance: 5 ATM
- Crystal Material: Anti-reflective coated, double-curved sapphire glass
- Strap Material: American Horween leather with tool-free, quick-release springbars
- Clasp Material: Solid stainless steel